Saturday, January 9, 2010

Unleashing Your Creative Genius

Days until my 50th Birthday: 131
Weight lost since January 1st: 1 lb.

If you ever think that you are not a creative genius, just remember back to the last time somebody asked you to join them at the gym. If you're like me, the creative juices start flowing immediately. Of course, to be effective, the reason you are not able to join them - under any circumstances - must sound somewhat reasonable. I like to stick to something like, ""Darn the luck, that's when I'm going to be practicing the didgeridoo in my ongoing studies of the native people of northern Australia." I bet you've come up with some winners, too.

On Monday, Prof. Wonderful and I committed to starting every day with 10 minutes of exercise. On Tuesday, I bounced out of bed, ready to meet the challenge. In less time than it takes to order a Value Meal at McDonald's I was filled with energy and ready to take on my day. Wednesday, same story. Why hadn't I been doing this all along? It's sooooo easy! Thursday - Is that a twinge in my knee? Maybe I should take today off. But then I remembered my committment and persevered. Didn't seem like nearly as much fun, but a deal is a deal. Friday - This is stupid. Is 10 minutes really going to change anything? What was I thinking? But I gotta do it; promised Prof. Wonderful. Saturday: Was I supposed to be doing something this morning?

Funny how the mind works. I spent a lot more than 10 minutes this morning coming up with a number of good, solid reasons why I shouldn't spend 10 minutes moving my body. Finally, the rationalizing grew so tiring I realized it would be easier to just do the exercises. And you know what? It felt good to honor my commitment to myself and to Prof. Wonderful.

STRATEGY: You know you're a creative genius when it comes to manufacturing excuses. Use that same genius to create a plan that will have you moving your body every day. Time crunch? Start with 10 minutes. Really out of shape? There are exercises you can do while sitting down. If you truly desire to have more energy and feel better, the creative genius within you can figure out how to make it happen, just give it a chance.

AFFIRMATION: Today I tap into my creative genius to create a lifestyle that gives me health and vitality.

StumbleUpon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment