Friday, January 15, 2010

Lasagna surprise

Prof. Wonderful invitied me over for lasagna tonight. That's one of my favorite foods - pasta, meat, multiple cheeses - it's fantastic. So, why am I nervous? Because Prof. Wonderful's diet does not include meat or any kind of "cheese" that comes from cows. His "cheese" comes from soybeans. In fact, instead of cheese, he said there is a "surprise" ingredient.

Back in the day, whenever I put tofu in anything I called it the "surprise" ingredient. I'd say, "You'll never guess what's in here." And my guests never did; they were too busy trying to swallow my "surprise recipe." I've made lasagna surprise and chocolate pudding surprise, all kinds of surprises. Had to stop when people stopped accepting my invitations to dinner. There are still those who are scared to have me cook for them and they fall into two broad categories: 1) my family; and 2) my friends.


When I moved to the south, I discovered a new "surprise" ingredient - Velveeta "processed" cheese. Bright orange deliciousness. You can put it in anything and not only is it a suprise, it becomes cheesy delicoiusness. I have a favorite apples and cheese recipe from my friend, Michelle. Just like the tofu, I don't tell anyone what's in it until after they've tasted it. Difference is, they always come back for more and beg for the recipe.

Wish me luck as I check out Prof. Wonderful's suprise lasagna.

StumbleUpon.com

2 comments:

  1. I am honored to be mentioned in your posting! Do you know that we have not had apples and cheese for (sit down please) a couple of years (got away from traditional meals for a while) but I made it this year for Christmas. WOW! Forgot how good it was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the best! It's the one dish I'm allowed to bring to family gatherings!

    ReplyDelete