Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Lose 27 Pounds in 3 Weeks!



Weight Lost Since January 1st: 0
Days until my 50th Birthday: 127

Books and magazine headlines everywhere are promising that you can lose huge amounts of weight in ridiculously short amounts of time. There are three ways to do this and for maximum results, you will need to do all three: 1) Drastically cut down on the amount of food you put into your mouth; 2) Drastically increase the amount of time you devote to exercise each day; 3) Have any unnecessary body appendages surgically removed. Some days, #3 sounds like the easier solution.

Skipped my 10 minutes workout for two very good rationalizatoins, oh, I mean "reasons" yesterday: 1) I had hurt my knee and shoulder the previous day and they needed to rest; 2) God proclaimed we should rest on the seventh day and that was my seventh day.

Since I didn't devote my standard 10 minutes to exercise, I had more time yesterday to think about eating. In fact, I became a bit obsessed with it. You don't get to be my weight without a good, healthy obsession. I really, really, really wanted Cheese Puffs, glorious, radiation orange, greasy Cheesy Puffs. Normally, this obsession would work itself out by me stopping by my nearest grocery store and buying a family-size bag. But, because I'm "watching what I eat," I decided to buy the .99 cent bag at a gas station.

I'd like to be able to look back on that moment of weakness and say it wasn't worth it, that I didn't enjoy it. I really would like to be able to say that. But they were good. Really good. The best I can say is the obsession has now passed and today I do not want Cheese Puffs.

After one week of eating better and exercising, in which I had lost one pound, when I weighed this morning I was exactly where I had started. Someday, I hope to be able to make the connection between what I eat and what I weigh. That hasn't happened yet. When I am in obsessoin mode, I don't care. The good news is today is a new day and I can make new choices.

STRATEGY: Realize that each day offers you the opportunity to make new choices about what I eat and how I move my body.

AFFIRMATION: Today I rejoice in the knowledge that I can make new choices. I make healthy choices for my body, mind and spirit.

StumbleUpon.com

2 comments:

  1. Dear Diane, I enjoyed reading your blog your comments are very funny. I am doing some type of loosing weight program myself on my own, I started Jan 1st, as of today I havent loose a single pound, but I feel good that I have go to the gym more times in the last week, getting up in the morning, even for 30 on the eleptical (my new friend) today I didn't go no sure why, and I ate more that I suppose to. But the good thing is that I can start over tomorrow, I planning to go tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday to the 24 hrs & fitness no excuses. Continue to eat less, excercisee more and in few weeks we will see the results. Any program takes minimun of 12 to 16 weeks to really show results.
    Hasta la proxima amiga,
    Ardy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go, girl! I'm seeing results but they aren't exactly going as I hoped!

    ReplyDelete