Monday, May 11, 2009

Regrets, I've had a few

It's been a few days since I've written because I've been getting ready to get ready to change my lifestyle. Right now I am filled with regret for what I have not experienced in life - a Big Mac that was actually hot and tasty, the newest brands of Ben & Jerry's ice cream, steak tartar - well, maybe not that.

But thinking about everything that I won't be eating when I start toward being Fit by Fifty has filled me with longings and cravings I thought long-gone. Last week I experienced the wonders of Del Taco and Jack in the Box while I still could. Truth is, I haven't been missing much, but that didn't stop me in my quest.

I've always wanted to try the pimento cheese spread from King Sooper's. Cheesy deliciousness! But is it better on tortilla chips or potato chips? Warm or cold? Inquiring stomachs want to know! I filled my grocery basket with everything I saw that looked delicious. Then I just stared filling it with anything that looked edible that might not be allowed on my diet. Marinated olives, potato skins - the grocery store have made otherwise healthy foods unhealthy and I am lovin' it! As I chow down, I think about the months ahead and the healthy foods I will be eating. I consider saving the cardboard boxes of the new Pillsbury Savorings that I have been trying one by one (all of them Rock!), thinking the cardboard can be prime snacking material - full of fiber and just as delicious as any fat-free, salt-free rice cracker I've ever tried. Chocolate cheesecake, I hardly knew ye! My birthday isn't til next week - I gotta make another run to the store.

STRATEGY #4:
Recycle the empty pizza boxes and soda cans before you tell family and friends about your new endeavor to be Fit by Fifty!

AFFIRMATION #4:
I choose to eat foods that taste delicious and nourish my body.
Affirmations are a powerful way to create what you want in your life. It's not enough to just say the affirmation, you've got to feel it. Feel the excitement, the joy, the passion as you are creating the life you want to live. Say this affirmation out loud until you feel its truth. Shout it until the neighbors think you are crazy. Say it while dancing around the living room. It's your life. Live out loud!

StumbleUpon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment